Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Break, Interview

     So more than half-way through break already...wow, did that go by fast!  I have spent most of my time just relaxing around the house, reading, catching up on some movies and TV shows, going to the zoo, and seeing some friends from home and undergrad.  It has been so nice to decide what I want to do each day and enjoy myself.    Although, I was on BlackBoard today (website where they post all of our grades and lectures for class) and they have already posted our schedule for next semester in clin med...looks like I should enjoy the free time while I can!  We will be learning cardiovascular, GI, and musculoskeletal diseases and treatments, as well as infectious diseases.  Looks like a lot of work but I am definitely looking forward to it :)
     Over break I also did an interview for a pre-PA student located in the Texas area.  He has a blog that includes many interviews with practicing PAs and PA students that is extremely helpful to anyone looking into the profession!  You should definitely check out his blog and my interview here! 
     I also wanted to give a shout out to "mrsmacschlep" here on blogger!  I help out with doing tours at my school for students who are interviewing for the program.  I help to answer any concerns or questions they have and show them our facilities.  I was lucky enough to meet my first reader on this past Monday's interview day!  Good luck to you mrsmacschlep and I wish you the best with this and other interviews you may have! 
    So for today over break?  Doing some reading, updating my iPod for some good study/workout music (suggestions always welcomed), and meeting up with my mom and niece for lunch!  Loving this thing called break :)   Have a wonderful rest of the week everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! You guys really did a great job. Thank you for being so friendly and approachable. You guys make it look like the program is, yes difficult, but also a wondeful journey! I also enjoyed reading your interview...I learn a lot from every blog that you post...they somehow help put me at ease, because they give me insights into what I might be going through in the near future...hopefully very near :) Enjoy the rest of your break and I wish you a great start of a new semester!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you got a chance to read the interview I did! Just knowing I helped one person makes me glad I did it :)
      Also, I heard the news, Congrats!!! In whatever decision you make, I know you will greatly enjoy this journey you are about to embark on. Just remember, even on the most stressful and trying days, it will all be worth it.
      Keep in touch!

      Delete
  2. I was soooooooo excited to have gotten the huge envelope in the mail! I actually cried because that school was my first choice (because of location and family). I'm so happy :D

    I've been browsing through your blog (reading and re-reading)trying to understand what I might be going through once PA School starts, such as schedules, textbooks, different kinds of stethoscopes (welch allyn vs. littman cardiology), etc.!!! I want to be more than ready...lol...

    Thank you so much for sharing your PA-S life!

    ReplyDelete