Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Moving!

Wow..and my crazy month of December just got even crazier!
So I finished undergrad in May (as previously mentioned).  My husband and I had decided to move back to our home state at the beginning of May because there was nothing holding us in the state I went to college in.  We both missed being close to our families and the lifestyle of our state so back we moved on April 30th.  We actually ended up moving in with my in laws just to do the fact that I did not want to sign a lease since I did not know where and when I would be going to grad school, so I would not be locked into an apartment contract.  That and the fact that we both moved back home with no jobs up here made us move in with his folks.  It has actually worked out really well!
Now, when I was supposed to be starting school in September, we were not planning on moving out until August (just to save money).  Once I found out I would be starting in January, I figured we could move over my spring break (March 5-9).  Yeah, not so much.  My husband must be really ready to move out because yesterday he made an appointment for us to see a place about 25 minutes away from my school in his hometown.  I figured we could at least look to see if it is a place we could consider.  Needless to say, we ended up really loving the size and layout of the place and we put down our security deposit yesterday!  So now we are moving BEFORE I start classes in 3 weeks.  Yes...that is right.
It will be good to be settled before I start classes so I will not have to waste a weekend of studying and instead spend it as a weekend moving (which I really do appreciate).  But it is just so fast! We are getting the keys on December 27th and we will have our real moving day on Saturday the 31st (yes, New Years eve day).  So we will be in our brand new place before classes start! I am really excited and am absolutely looking forward to having our own space again. 
Wow..i better get started on packing I guess!
16 days until moving day!
22 days until orientation!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment