Thursday, January 26, 2012

I'm a Slacker...

     This week, we had 1 exam and 1 quiz.  I have to admit.  I was feeling lazy this week.   I have been having a lot of problems with my eyes for some reason.  They have become very inflammed and have produced dry skin on both the upper and lower lid.  My eyes have been tearing a lot the past few days and it has gotten to the point that the outer corner of my eye has started to become very raw and almost split.  I was hoping I could diagnose myself this week (since we are in our derm lecture and this is looking more severe each day), but no such luck.  Thankfully I am heading to the doctors tomorrow to get it checked out.  But, needless to say, i have been very lazy this week and somewhat unproductive until today just based on the fact that I physically can not keep my eyes open.  With that said, I still got a 87 and a 88 in both of my quizzes this week.  Not bad for not doing full quality work, especially in grad school.  Hoping to continue with a grade in the A to A- range next week, but I will be a very happy camper to graduate with my MPAS with a strong B+ average.
   Next week, on Monday, we have our weekly Clin Med quiz/exam (Monday), an anatomy lab quiz (Thursday, weekly as well), and an anatomy exam (Friday).  I also have a group assignment of 4 derm case studies due on Monday which I am happy to say was finished and submitted this past Monday.  And on Thursday I have a group project/presentation in anatomy for our head module.  We have to review the head anatomy, describe the condition of normal pressure hyrocephalus, and an overview of how to put in a VP (ventricular peritoneal) shunt.  I can say with complete confidence that this will be a very busy weekend!
    Alright, off to study my 201 slides of dermatological conditions/pathology!

1 comment:

  1. i am applying to PA school right now, and my first choice is MCPHS boston. i interviewed on 1/19 and am anxiously waiting for a response! i love reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete