Saturday, January 7, 2012

Orientation

    Wow. Orientation was yesterday and I do not even know where to begin.  It was definitely one of the most exhausting days I have had in awhile. 
     I arrived on campus at 7:30am for check in and a buffet breakfast with the rest of my classmates and the BSN students that also had orientation yesterday.  Then we had to take our student ID pictures for the Ids we have to wear at all times on campus (lkuckily I got a pretty good picture this time) and we sat down in a lecture style classroom to settle in for the day basically.
    We had an intro to all of our professors and from the dean and then we went over all the policies of the program (dress code, professionalism, attendence, etc.).  Then we had a discussion with some of the second year students and we got to talk candidly with them about their opinions of different professors/doctors and just basic questions about their opinion of aspects of the program.  After was lunch and then we came back to talk with more services that the school offers. 
    It was a long day...some of the professors scared us about the workload we are about to take on, others seemed very reassuring.  But the one thing I took out of this day was how wonderful my class seems to be.  We are all very open to making new friends, everyone is very friendly and I already have a lot of people that I can talk to which is great.  I think we are all going to share resources and study well together(I hope) and will pretty much be a good "family" for these next two years.
   I already have my first medical terminology exam on Monday, our first day of classes, and a lot of lecture notes to print and look over.  I am anxious for Monday and to fill you all in on how our first day of classes go!
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I just wanted to let you know that so far you have a great blog and I'm really excited to keep reading it! I'm currently in my second year of undergrad and I've noticed that you went right into a masters program after undergrad... which is what I'm trying to do as well! How did you collect HCE hours while still in school?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading Amy! I am glad to know there are some people out there reading this blog :)
    Yes, I went straight thru after my undergrad into my masters program (just months off in between). With my undergraduate program I actually received my certificate and sat for the x-ray national boards at the end of my senior year. That way I got to work part time my entire senior year of college as an x-ray technician (one of my clinical sites offered me a job before I had even taken my boards). So I worked for a little over 1,200 hours that year and in high school I worked in a hospital for 3 years delivering food trays to patients. What is your undergrad major?

    ReplyDelete