Monday, January 2, 2012

Less than 4 days!

Happy New Year!!!      2012!!!!  What are some of your resolutions??  Mine is not to procrastinate...but I suppose that it will be next to impossible to procrastinate in PA school anyways, so that works in my favor :)

    So my PA class orientation is on Friday!!  I can't believe how fast this came up, I feel like yesterday was Christmas.  Luckily I am all moved into my new apartment and today we put away the last of the boxes and totes that were strewn across our new place.  So we are very excited!
     Today I also got my first e-mails from one of my future professors who also happens to be the woman I interviewed with at the school.   She wrote:
      "I wanted to send you a quick note welcoming you to the PA studies program. I hope
       everyone enjoyed their holiday season. You are about to embark on a long but
       rewarding journey.  When you are tired and frustrated with studying just remember their is light
       at the end of the tunnel.  You will get through this year.
        I am sorry I am unable to be present for orientation. I am in Bolivia setting up a clinical
        rotation for the second year students. Hopefully it will be a success and something some of you
       will want to experience. I can´t wait to meet you all!"
So this was very exciting as my program already has a clinical rotation site in Belize as well.  It will be great to be offered the oppourtunity to experience a PA rotation in another country.   So we shall see what happens next year!

   Tomorrow I am meeting 2 of my classmates for the first time! I am currently friends with a woman who has just finished her didactic year at my program and she knows another student coming into the program with me as well as another girl.  So we are meeting tomorrow for lunch to chat and to exchange and questions we have.  I am excited to finally put a face to people I have been chatting with online on our program's facebook page.  I will let you all know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment